Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Red Roof Gottschalk - 1925


Diepuppenstubensammlerin has identified my Red Roof Gottschalk

She has sent me scans from this book:

Moritz Gottschalk, 1892-1931: Dollhouses - Doll Rooms - Kitchens - Stores - Furniture--Reprints of Original Catalog Photographs with Historical Documentation [Hardcover]
Moritz Gottschalk (Author)

I am so happy she did. These pictures show that my house is complete and original, although I seem to be missing the lower flower box.


The new born house is fresh and untouched in these pictures. Mine is a bit faded and has a few wrinkles and warps, just like any 85 year old, but it is still beautiful.

I believe it has led a gentle, loved existence and it will continue to do so with me.



Thanks so much Diepuppenstubensammlerin

It is wonderful to have these early photos of my house (or one just like it).

Hugs,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. That is such a treasure and having it identified is even better. 8Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh... So very cool to see in it's original state. I have decided that any very old houses I find will be sent to you for safekeeping. You really have something special going. What a great house you have!

    ReplyDelete