Friday, July 11, 2014

Hall's Lifetime Toys Dollhouse - 1970s Colonial Mansion

I recently found a Hall's Colonial dollhouse circa 1970.
I love the front of the house with the impressive pillars,
the deep windows and the wide veranda.
As I don't have any of the Hall's furniture I had fun furnishing it from
my collection of German furniture from the 60s and 70s.
Hall's Lifetime Toys offered this wonderful Colonial dollhouse in the late 60s or early 70s.

Hall's was in business, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, from 1942 to the late 1970's.

They made many kinds of dollhouses and doll furniture for 8-12" dolls, 3/4" scale miniature furniture and 1/12 scale furniture. The furniture was made of wood and sold in upper scale department stores.

Hall's even offered a dollhouse version of Mount Vernon, which I am sure would be much smaller than the Mount Vernon dollhouse shown in my last post.
The appliances from "Little Mother's Kitchen" are not German. They are pink tin and
were made in Japan in the late 1950s or early 1960s. They originally came in a
boxed set which also included a table, 2 chairs and a washing machine.

The dining room set is plastic and was made in Germany.
The living room furniture, excluding the sofa and TV is German
made by Crailsheim circa 1963.
Mr. and Mrs. Hall are going out. Mrs. Hall's brother is going to
babysit Ursula and Gudrun and the sleeping baby upstairs.
The girls are oblivious to everything except the TV.
Mrs. Hall's brother is starting to look oblivious too. 
The blue bathroom fixtures were made by Vero, a German firm, circa 1970.
The cabinet is plastic and goes with the living room chairs. It is by 
Crailsheim.
There wasn't room for it in the living room, so now it holds towels and toiletries.

The bedroom set is also German, possibly Bodo Hennig, and from the 50s or 60s. It is made of wood.

The wicker baby bed has a  Caco baby in it and is from that company.
The house has 4 rooms and an attic. The attic is very low ceilinged, but good for storage.

The TV set is a novelty salt and pepper shaker holder. When one turns
the knob the salt and pepper shakers are pushed up so one can grasp them.
Mr. and Mrs. Hall appear to be re-thinking the wisdom of leaving her brother
With their children and the liqueur bottles on the credenza
- not to mention the tray of cocktails on the coffee table.
Maybe they don't need to go out after all.

16 comments:

  1. What a small world, Susan...within an hour of your post (if I've got my time stamps right), Otterine posted about buying a vintage television salt-and-pepper shaker set just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw that tv and remarked I had never seen one like that before. LOL I agree about the babysitter! That was my first reaction about him. LOL I realize now that I like German made furnishings. The dining room is my favorite. All of the cabinets are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta la casa y sobre todo los muebles de los años 60 y 70. Está genial y me recuerda a la casa en la que yo vivía de pequeña.
    Un abrazo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Hall's brother already looks a little high. Not a good
    idea leaving him to babysit the children. It's a very beautiful house. I love the outdoors. The Chinese carpet
    is very beautiful.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the house and even more I love the furniture you have put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan,
    What a great find. it is a beautiful house and I love that the rooms seem big enough to properly furnish.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  7. E' fantastico! hai ricreato un perfetto ambiente anni 1960/70!
    complimenti mi piace moltissimo.
    Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I love the German furniture in the Hall's house...so hard to find a house large enough for the larger sizes made. Perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Florine! It is nice to have larger rooms. I like the way the furniture fits into this house.

      Delete
  9. We have a Hall's Dolhouse that I bought for my daughter in the early 70"s . Actually I purchased it from one of their sales reps and he gave me quiet a bit of the furniture, however, I need to get some dolls for my granddaughters and am not sure where to buy them or what size to get. The olders (3) loves playing with the house and has already used it more than her Mother ever did. If you can help me I would appreciate it so much. I am in Birmingham AL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Hall's Dollhouse which I purchased in the early 70's for my daughter and am looking for some dolls for my granddaughters. Not sure what size I should get. The dollhouse is Victorian and fits on a table. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this dollhouse. I got it 1970-71 as a kid for xmas Im interested in selling any idea its worth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wondering the value as well. I have same one

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought this house via facebook but haven’t picked it up. Was gonna change the wallpapers and renovate it. Do you suggest keeping the original wallpapers? Is this considered antique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep my houses as original as possible, but it's all about enjoying them. So if renovating and changing the wallpaper makes you love the house more you should do it. This house is considered Vintage.

      Delete