Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Dining Room at Mindolton Manor - Vintage dollhouse

All furniture in this room is vintage Lynnfield. In fact all of the furniture in the house is Lynnfield.

To find out more about Lynnfield furniture go to this post:

Mindolton Manor Revisited. The Master Bedroom

The china is not vintage. It is a nice detailed set that I bought on line a few years ago. I believe one can get it in this pattern and many others in Dollhouse shops.

The silverware is from chrysnbon and is plastic. The flower arrangement on the buffet is from Reutter Miniature Porcelain.

I love the original owner's choice of wallpaper and contrasting trim.
The butler has just finished laying the table for dinner.

The dining room is by Lynnfield in the Duncan Phyfe style. They made this style of furniture from the 1940s through to the 1970s. The upholstery on the chairs is original.
The doors at the back of the room go into the kitchen. The door to the right leads into the front hall and the door to the left leads on to the side veranda.

Having so many doors in the room makes it difficult to arrange the furniture. I have a lovely Lynnfield corner cupboard that won't go in this room. But then again, the room is quite small.

The rug in here is not vintage either. It is a dollhouse rug from my local miniature store.

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful house, I really like this tiny world, lovely pictures!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love this min world too! I feel so lucky to have found this house.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful room. I like the rug and the table set.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faby! I like it when the room looks almost real and the lovely Lynnfield furniture gives that effect.

      Delete
  3. This house is somthing to wish for. Lovely!

    Lil in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lil! I found this house quite early in my mini-collecting career and couldn't believe my luck. I have never fund anything quite like it since. It makes me happy to look at it.

      Delete
  4. Everything is beautiful but that rug is really something special!!! CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is quite unusual, isn't it? I like the jewel tones.

      Delete
  5. Susan,
    I am enjoying the tour at your Mindolton Manor a lot. Can't wait to see the other rooms! Thank you for sharing, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia! I am trying to decide which room to feature next.

      Delete