Friday, October 16, 2009

Just for fun

I was cleaning up the storage space on my phone this week and downloaded these pictures to my desktop so I could delete them from the phone. Since I haven't had time to take new pictures I thought I would share these, just for fun.

The images are a little off - color and sharpness-wise - but that's what you get when you use your phone. The house is actually all white inside, but the pictures make it look like pastel colors.

Since I took these I have wallpapered the entire dollhouse and put in floors and baseboards, etc. It's a Tennyson I bought from Craigslist. It was beautifully built and finished, and all painted inside.

The picture above is a sitting room on the second floor. I built the fireplace table and chest from House of Miniatures kits. The china cabinet and living room suite are eBay finds. I don't know if you can see the lovely bowls in the china cabinet. They are salt sellers decorated in gold and white. Poke the picture and it will enlarge. All rugs in the house from eBay.

The kitchen below has an eBay find cupboard and the stove that came with the house. The table chairs and dry sink are House of Miniatures kits. The table cloth is a vintage doily and the vegetable basket is a fridge magnet.













The bedroom features a House of Miniatures canopy bed, highboy and bedside table that I made. The bassinet, complete with lovely porcelain baby, and the toy shelf came with the house.

I dragged that bed kit around with me for 30 years before I got around to making it. I moved it from house to house as I moved over the years and never gave myself permission to make it, but that's all changed now.

The bed kit was missing one of the posts, so when I finally got around to making it I used a chopstick cut to the right length. You will be able to see that the bed has one unturned post if you poke the picture. I don't think anyone would notice if I don't point it out.


In the picture below you can see the settee, chair and fireplace that came with the house. The fireplace fan and tools and the sampler on the mantel came with the house too. I built the clock, hanging shelf and table from House of Miniature kits. I dragged that clock kit around for 30 years too.










Here is an overview of the whole house. the furniture in the attic is also from some HofM kits I ordered from eBay. I really enjoy making them. You can see some of my other treasures in the background. I am not sure what is hanging in the hall. I probably should have cropped that out. Oh well.






I will try to post some picture of the house as it looks now with the wall paper, etc. I just never seem to have time to do photo-shoots - even amateur ones.

I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Hugs

Susan

3 comments:

  1. I have an award for you here: http://lindasminis.blogspot.com/2009/10/better-late-than-never-blog-award.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great tour! Loved all the furniture and amazing table cloth, and, omg, shelf - so lovely, I want to make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Victoria. I love making these kits. They are easy to find on ebay and usually not too expensive. I love the hanging shelf too, It looks so real.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete