Tuesday, March 9, 2021

I finally got what I wanted for Christmas 60 years ago

When I was a kid I poured over the Christmas Catalogue doll section and dreamed of what Santa would bring me. I am sure that most of you did the same. Here are a few pages from the early 60s that made me promise to be good forever.





So imagine what it was like to finally have a childhood dream fulfilled. Last week a big package was delivered. Join me while I open it.

You can see the dolls in the video, and the picture below shows what was in the bags of clothes.

I hope you enjoyed visiting and sharing my new toys.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It can feel great to fulfill those childhood dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Barbie house one Christmas and the Susie Goose four poster bed the next Christmas. I had the car too but I think that was a birthday gift. So many wonderful hours spent playing "Barbie"! I learned to see when I was 10 making those cutout print panel Barbie clothes. Psst, I bought a few if these a few years ago on ebay! Played dolls with my lifelong best friend. She still has her Barbie stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! I love seeing those Barbies and their equipment and clothes! I still have a few of those "pieces"... the sunglasses... and pieces of the red velvet ensemble sewn into another doll's clothes! I was always changing things then too! My Barbies were sold when I was a teeny-bopper... but I kept the dollhouse things. I'm glad you finally got your Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stash! You must be in your childhood heaven.

    ReplyDelete