Tuesday, May 24, 2011

America's Dollhouse - a pictorial tour

America's Dollhouse in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I have shown you this before and I am sure you have seen it elsewhere, but I thought you might enjoy my pictures of Faith Bradford's wonderful dollhouse.

The Doll family live here. They are 2 parents, 2 visiting Grandparents, 10 Children, several servants and numerous pets. The house represents a peaceful and prosperous time between the first and second World Wars. I am sure that, like me, there are times you wished you lived there too.






























Check out these links from my fellow bloggers and me for more nformation:

The Miniature World of Faith Bradford

The Smithsonian

Smithsonian Miniature finds

5 comments:

  1. I love all the hanging pictures the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your pictures are really clear. How did you do that? I know how crowded it is there?
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those too, Brandy Rose. They really add a homey, realistic touch to the doll house.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, LCM, it was crowded, and the first pictures I took with the flash were all washed them out, but I took a minute away from the crowd to look at my camera and found out how to adjust the flash to 1/3rd power. After that the pictures were much better. I think that was when you were showing Daphne the house, so you missed it. LOL

    P.S. if you hold the camera up to the glass you don't get the reflection of the flash in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LCM - of course I meant Collette. You were showing Colette the dollhouse. Poor Daphne didn't get to see it. Oh boy, an excuse to got back...

    ReplyDelete