Friday, June 5, 2015

A visit to the Coburg Doll Museum in Germany


I spent most of this past May touring Central Europe with a bus load of doll collectors. We visited many doll and toy museums. The Puppenmuseum Coburg was one of the best.

Coburg is located in the heart of the doll factory area of Germany. It had a wonderful variety of dolls and miniatures for us to see
I love this room box. It is full of treasures including lots of boule furniture.



Coburg is a lovely town with a wonderful town square.


Queen Victoria's husband Albert was born here. This is the palace square.



I hope you enjoy the pictures.













A beautiful Gautier fashion doll











6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing photos of places I doubt I will ever see. You visit some amazing places. I don't know why but I'm a little freaked out by dolls with realistic eyes. I'm convinced they wander around when the lights are out haha ;0P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love those room boxes too... the use of fabric pieces for the curtains and the large scale wallpapers are just so beautiful! It really shows the Victorian love of pattern and color. The dolls are lovely too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous trip you must have had! Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Susan - thanks for sharing! I'm a bit surprised at the lack of information on some of the museum labels, though! I would have thought they'd identify the manufacturers as much as possible ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Susan! What a wonderful museum to see! That Boulle!!! Want! CM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shale,
    What a great visit. the pictures are all beautiful. what a great collection and what a beautiful place.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete