Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas windows in downtown Toronto

I was walking past the Hudson's Bay flagship store in Toronto the other day and what I saw stopped me dead in my tracks.

I can only guess that they are advertising perfume as little bottles are interspersed with the mini furniture in the few open rooms, but I am not familiar with the brand.

This section looks like New York City brownstones





But this house looks like Paris

There is a lovely park in front of the houses


The sign on the window says 'Dollhouse'. Is that a perfume? Or is it the clothes?



Only a few rooms are open. The mannequins are holding miniature furniture
as if they are in the process of playing with the dollhouses

I want to climb into the window and play too.



I wonder if they plan to use this display again.
Maybe I should ask if I can have it when they are through with it.

On the north side of the store, along Queen Street, Hudson's Bay has put up their wonderful Christmas windows again this year . Click here to see them all. They are animated and lovely.

16 comments:

  1. This is a lovely sight! Very creative to decorate a shop window like this, thanks for sharing the pictures :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Store windows are so much fun at this time of year. I love finding ones like this.

      Delete
  2. What a superb sight that must have been! It looks just lovely, thank you for sharing your photos.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it seem like dollhouses are so in. Did you see Mini Dorks post about Vogue Christmas suggestions? CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to find miniatures everywhere I look. It's such fun. I want that dollhouse in MiniDork's blog. Too bad my Santa isn't rich. Here is the link to the blog:
      http://modernminihouses.blogspot.ca/2014/12/miaim-miniatures-mipad-is-8-on-vogues.html

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful way to decorate the shop window, especially for us, the miniature clients ;)!!
    Thanks for following my blog and sharing these wonderful pictures :D!
    Kind regards, Ilona, your newest follower ;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iona! I love to find dollhouses and miniatures in unexpected places. Thanks also for your great blog.

      Delete
  5. Wow, thank you for sharing this! Tiffany's also has a series of Christmas windows featuring miniatures, but nothing as grand as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neen! I found some pictures of Fifth Avenue in New York, Tiffany's Christmas window here: http://www.stylebarista.com/tiffany-christmas-window-display/. This is a very similar idea.

      Delete
  6. It seems there are more and more shops using miniatures in their display. Harrod's have some this year =0) It's about time the rest of the world caught up with our fascinating hobby =0D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pepper. It's time the world got in step with us. I found this article about Harrod's windows this year:
      http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/harrods-launches-worldfamous-christmas-window-displays-and-first-animated-festive-film-ever-9847350.html

      Delete
  7. Shale,
    I love it !! And how cool would it be if they gave you that display? Definitely worth asking :-)
    Teresa
    sugar, spice and whatever's nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a wonderful window! Those Brownstones look like Boston's Back Bay area! I would try to get them if I were you! (It can't hurt to ask!) I love to see Christmas windows but alas, I am not in a large urban area... so the dollhouses have not caught on here! Thank you for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Your banner above your blog is hilarious! CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very busy at Christmas in my dollhouses. Luckily the have a rather large Santa (me) to help them out.

      Delete