Monday, March 7, 2011

Tynietoy Villa - Painted

In my recent post about Tynietoy Villa I talked about my plans for making this dollhouse over into a suitable home for my Tynietoy furniture. I knew I wanted to paint the house white and I thought I would make the shutters green.
This past weekend I painted the outside of the house and was quite pleased with the white exterior. I never liked the plain wood effect (see the picture below).

When I finished the exterior and finally located the shutters - I had removed them two years ago and wasn't quite sure where I had put them - I started looking for accent paint. I found that I had this interesting shade of red.

Why not, I thought. This isn't a real Tynietoy house. I don't need to pretend it is by making the trim green. Besides, the red has so much more omph. I am going to put red trim on the eaves and stain the roof a darker colour - plus I think it needs flower boxes under the windows, so there is more to do including the interior walls and floors.

But here it is so far.  Much better than before, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. The white paint completely changes it! It looks so warm, The red s perfect! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I couldn't believe the difference. I had never liked this house much but now I love it! I'm glad I went with red. Green is so normal.

    ReplyDelete