Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mindolton vingettes


Here is the side veranda of Mindolton Manor. The veranda doors go into the living room. I haven't had time to get this side of the house organized yet, but I am looking forward to it.

As I explore the house I find interesting little details, like a plug for a fireplace light in each room. Now I have to find enough fireplaces and small bulbs to fit them all. But first I have to decide how I will decorate each room. This house makes me so happy.

I have added some wonderful wicker furniture to the veranda. The wicker pieces came with a dollhouse I bought on Craiglist which contained some lovely items. I have re-allocated most of them to other houses now. The house they came with is very nice, but it is a small tab and slot, so I have given less sophisticated furnishings.


The space at the front of the third story hall is designated as the bathroom. As you can see from the picture it has no wallpaper or flooring yet. I put in a tub, toilet and skin with a small bath mat just for fun, but I will probably change this around as I decide want do do with it.

Does anyone have an idea of how to put up a wall (or pretend wall) for the bathroom without blocking access to the hall?

Just past the bathroom you can see a grandfather clock. It is a Chrysnbon kit that came in black. I have a white one in a picture in a previous post. They are so inexpensive and so easy to build that I have three of them now.

I am quite pleased with the red one in the dining room. It started out as a brown kit, but I hated the stain I put on it. It just didn't look realistic. So I got out some red craft paint and went to work. It took three coats to cover the brown stain, but I love the result. I think I will get a couple more of the clock kits and see what colours I can make next.

I hope to get organized enough to take more pictures this weekend and show you more of Mindolton Manor. I haven't had enough time to explore it fully yet, but I can see that it is going to keep me busy (and happy) for a long time.

Hugs,

Susan

2 comments:

  1. That really is a most wonderful dollhouse Susan...no wonder you love it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tallulah-Belle! I am still amazed that the universe delivered it to me so quickly. I just wish I had more time to play with it.

    ReplyDelete