Monday, June 1, 2009

Orphan dollies

I walked into my favorite Value Village one day and found a bag of little orphans.

All were antique dollhouse dolls. All bisque except for the celluloid girl shown below in the kitchen. All had original, or at least contemporary outfits. As you can see in the photo above, some were more attractive than others.

I have four babies in Christening gowns. The smaller twins are dollhouse size and the larger twins are Barbie size. I will add their photos another time.

In all there were nine dolls. The $40.00 price tag put me off at first, but I realized that was less than $5.00 per doll and something of a bargain.


Grandmother, from the Big Yellow House, and the small girl pictured in the kitchen below were also in the group. Grandmother was the only adult in the bag and had been run off her feet taking care of all the little ones. Literally, one of her feet is missing.

The three by the bed are still waiting to find a family to live with. I am sure the small boy and girl will be adopted quickly, but the little one in pink may have to wait a while.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful find! The three little ones are so cute . . . I hope they find good homes soon!

    ReplyDelete