Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two things to celebrate today!!

I have just been awarded The Rosetta Stone award by the previous winner, Florine at My-vintage-dollhouses.
I am honored and excited to be included among the winners of this award. Previous winners have all been collectors of great knowledge and generosity, and authors of some of my very favorite blogs. Check out their latest posts.....Rebecca's Collections...from Australia, diePuppenstubensammlerin ...from Germany, and A Home for Dolly ...from Ohio, USA. 

The second thing to celebrate is that I have just passed the 300 mark in followers. Watch this space for a 300+ give-away. I will go through my collection and find something special for you wonderful people and then you can enter your names in the draw in my next blog post.

The Rosetta Stone award was created by a committee  on My Realitty's blog who explained the creation of the award in this way.... "As we all know dollhouses were originally the hobby of rich women or tools to teach girl children to keep house. Today women all over the world are interested in them. Note the number of bloggers and that dollhouse blogs are a world unto themselves. Though these houses started as toys and may have led a perilous life, once they are in the harbor of the collector they have a story to tell. This award is to acknowledge the sleuthing it takes to discover that story."

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your well-deserved award and on 300+ followers. I enjoy reading your blog very much. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rosetta Stone Board applauds! CM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey here's an idea, give each one of your 300 followers one of your dollhouses... you'll still have a lot left...;) C

    ReplyDelete
  4. CM I have almost that many. You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! I am glad you enjoy my blog, and I am honored to get the award. Stay tuned. I have more posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Susan, on both the award and reaching 300 followers! I love reading your posts here - and really appreciate the articles you've contributed to the DHP&P magazine too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Very well deserved award and followers to boot. Happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete